I made my sister a CD this morning, hoping that it might serve as a soundtrack for her big move to Brooklyn later this month. She's leaving behind a town she's grown to love and the people who make her feel at home there. At the same time, she's seeking her fate in a big city, full of challenges and surprises.
Here are the tracks I picked:
1. Devil Town, by Daniel Johnston
2. Birds and Ships, Billy Bragg
3. My Freeze Ray, Neil Patrick Harris, on Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog soundtrack
4. Welcome to Heartbreak, Kanye West
5. Love Lockdown, Kanye West
6. Shut Up and Let Me Go, The Ting Tings
7. Let's Dance to Joy Division, The Wombats
8. California Waiting, Kings of Leon
9. Pocketful of Sunshine, Natasha Bedingfield
10. Toxic (Version Revisited), Mark Ronson featuring Ol' Dirty Bastard and Tiggers
11. Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On), Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
12. At Last, Neko Case
13. First Breath After Coma, Explosions in the Sky off the Friday Night Lights soundtrack
What else so you think might make good additions for a soundtrack like this?