Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The big move is on Saturday

We signed a lease for a new place in Brooklyn! Y'all, it's got two bedrooms! I never would've thought it was possible in New York, but I HAVE A GUEST ROOM!! And it's big enough for me to do cartwheels.

Wowzers.

The Russians are coming early Saturday to haul our stuff over to the new place. In the meantime, we're picking our way around mountains of boxes and wondering where our toothbrushes might be. Here are some pictures of the new place. Thanks to Keith n Beth who saved my sanity by making such a big job easy.

Because the walls are so tall, we decided to paint just one wall in each room and then color the deep window wells that same color as accents. I like the finished effect in both rooms... The Caribbean blue in the living room feels airy, and the New Orleans green (no, I didn't pick it for the name) in the bedroom feels lush. I'll add more picture once we unpack all our stuff.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! the place looks huge!

Anonymous said...

:) Congratulations on the new apartment! I love your color choices...very cool.

Mary B. said...

That's a terrific place, Shug! I like the colors and I bet John is loving the counter space! Have the girls given their opinions yet? :)

Christopher said...

Looks fantastic! Well done!

ronie said...

Super cute - light and airy. Happy moving in...

stellaforstar said...

loooove the blue.

Godless Sunday said...

Congrats,
So? I guess the question is have you done the cartwheels?