Friday, January 25, 2008

Two items of note

Chris Rose, a longtime columnist for the Times-Picayune in New Orleans used to be known for poking fun at Louisiana native Britney Spears. (I think her dad once pulled a gun on him.) Since Katrina, he's been a key voice for the struggling people of NOLA. Two years ago, I read his wonderful book, One Dead in the Attic, a compilation of his post-Katrina columns, but I didn't realize how much he's lost personally by staying in New Orleans.

I'm so proud of him. Click here to read a touching article about Rose by the Columbia Journalism Review.

On a lighter note, click here for a very cool film (8 minutes long) of an Arcade Fire show. Stick with it to the end... it starts slowly.

Thanks for the AF link, Ze!

1 comment:

Mary B. said...

I'm loving Archade Fire. Sweet.